Monday, March 16, 2015

Hello!

So I've decided to a separate blog for my sketchbook challenges.  Why? Because my regular blog can get really busy when I'm doing sketchbook stuff.  Not that this is really a problem- but it can get a little spammy.  So I've set up this blog so people can subscribe to it if they wish.

My goal is to post at least once a day with my sketches that I've done for the day- be they good or bad.  (the bad will be hard to share...)  My hope is that by doing this I'll see my rate of improvement go up rather than stagnate.

So my overall goal for the rest of the year: at least 10 sketches a day.  (With a grand total on December 31 of this year of 2,000 little drawings)  NOW this isn't to say that I'm going to post 10 11x14 inch sketchbook pages a day... that would be crazy.  Especially since I've got a rather busy life outside of my art life.  I will be counting individual drawings on the page as a sketch.  As an example:


I would count these two drawings as 2 separate sketches even though they occupy the same page in my actual sketchbook.

I'm not sure how interesting the sketches I'll post will be overall- they will mostly consist of practice sketching; so a lot of hands, feet, figures, stylized practice... etc.  

If you choose to follow this blog- welcome!!  I'm still growing as an artist- so I'd love to have the input- if you have any suggestions as to how I could improve; or even if their is a drawing that you'd like that you think would make a nice finished piece- let me know!!

~Alicia Hawks

No comments:

Post a Comment